After attending DAC for over 11 years, here are a few "do's and don’ts"...
* Grab breakfast at one of the morning panels. The prices at the conference center or your hotel for a cup of coffee and muffin are more than your daily per diem.
* Make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes. There is lots of ground to cover collecting all the tchotchkes on the exhibit floor.
* Pack some alka-seltzer and aspirins for any next morning hangovers.
* Bring lots of business cards. Asking your admin to ship some you some to your hotel via FED-EX at 12 midnight the night before doesn't score any points.
* Make a list of the top ten vendors you want to visit: 1) Denali 2) Atrenta 3) SpringSoft, etc.
* Register early for a Denali DAC party ticket and tell your friends www.denali.com/dacparty
* Don't leave your cars at the hotel. Less exhorbitant parking fees can be found near the convention center. (e.g. Fifth & Mission parking garage)
* Don't submit your business cards in every drawing and expect to win, especially if you plan to leave early.
* Don't arrive late to the Denali party - might miss out on the fun.
This isn't meant to be an exhaustive list. Feel free to add your suggestions...